- Fantastic benefits package
- 27.1% pension scheme contribution
About Our Client
The Government Property Agency (GPA) delivers property and workplace solutions across the government facilities nationwide. GPA introduce a portfolio-led approach to managing central government property from new building projects, refurbishments to full life cycle maintenance.
The roles and responsibilities you will be performing will be influenced heavily through remote working, the client are optimistic with hybrid working , due to the amount of offices the GPA have across the United Kingdom.
GPA need a workplace designer to be responsible for ensuring the Government Workplace Design Guide and supporting technical annexes are applied consistently across specific projects. You Will report into the Workplace Design Manager, supporting and acting as the tactical Intelligent Client on specific projects.
You will be expected to provide assurance that all designs support the GPA's commitment to create workplaces that are safe, inclusive and accessible and as flexible as possible to support smarter and hybrid working practices.
- A main area of focus will be implementing the Government Workplace Design Guide in full, as far as is reasonably practicable, and managing exceptions (client specialist requirements) into appropriate briefing material for designers to use during Cat A and Cat B RIBA stages
- You will need to utilise your previous knowledge and understanding of construction, technical specifications, work space design and procurement throughout the processes of projects
- Providing professional advice and guidance to the project team, escalating design related risks and issues as appropriate to the Workplace Design Manager.
- Acting as a design point of contact for designers, contractors, consultant partners and their supply chains on specific projects.
The Successful Applicant
- 3-5 year's experience working within a similar environment
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- Understanding of Government or BSRIA Soft Landings process
- IT skills including Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Revit, MS Project and MS Office
- Understanding of projects using BIM level 2.
- Experience of design management and delivery on large scale projects.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, interior design and/or another relevant subject
- Qualification in or experience of Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).
- Qualifications such as (E.g., APM, MSP etc.).
What's on Offer
- £42.600 annual salary
- The civil service pension scheme (27.1% contribution)
- generous annual leave entitlement
- flexible working arrangements (Hybrid working model)
- Civil Service-Learning resources. (tailored learning plan)
- Generous annual leave. In addition, employees are entitled to 8 days public holiday and an additional privilege day for the Queen's Birthday.
- Cycle to work scheme - loan to purchase cycling equipment with typical savings of up 40%
- Access to tax free childcare scheme and holiday play schemes.
- Free eye tests
- Employee discounts through EdenRed
- Employee Assistance Programme