Workforce Intelligence Analyst
Temp NHS Workforce Intelligence Analyst in South Cambridge
Great NHS client based at Addenbrookes on their Workforce Intelligence Analysis
About Our Client
This NHS client are based at Addenbrookes Hospital near Trumpington in South Cambridge and are in need of an Workforce Intelligence Analyst on an initial interim basis to add value in their Human resources and Personnel department through insightful workforce planning and data analyst so a mix of HR knowledge and HRIS/Data analysis expertise
Workforce Intelligence Analyst - NHS Temp key duties and responsibilities;
- Provision of Workforce Intelligence
- Work with occupational Health lead to ensure timely organisation and collation of National/Trust vaccination data, including interpreting results and developing reports to inform strategic workforce action plans.
- Produce accurate and timely analytical and statistical workforce report using key data sources from by use of the Oracle Discoverer and other sources of workforce information,
- Identify trends relating to talent (appraisal data), staff development (training needs), recruitment and retention, equal opportunities and staff experience,
- Analyse and interpret complex sets of data, deciding on the most appropriate way to present the information to ensure that it is clear, meaningful and can be readily understood by the target audience.
- Design and develop automated systems, databases and spreadsheets, using complex formulas and data analysis
- Provide analytical support and advice to specific work streams/projects as required including detailed workforce data analysis, graphical presentation of data, trend analysis and modelling
- Respond to ad hoc requests for intelligent information from managers, ensuring appropriate and accurate information is produced in a clear and understandable manner which is compliant with Data Protection Act requirements
- Use Qlikview business intelligence software to upload, manipulate and present data in the most appropriate way for best use by Trust managers
- Produce national workforce returns to deadline and with a high degree of accuracy
- Data Management
- Ensure data quality standards are met and that data is queried and reported on in a consistent manner.
- Identify any data quality issues and formulate plans to address issues with relevant system owners.
- Retrieve, consolidate and analyse large amounts of data from different HR systems ( including the recruitment, training appraisal, staff survey, ESR e.tc) to provide insights on workforce trends and staff engagement
- Create new data sets to inform or assist analysis as and when required. This may be the creation of new data from published sources (which are not in a suitable format), combining records from different data sets to create new tables, inputting data into new fields for existing records or adding new records.
- Report Development, Maintenance and Integration
- Compare and analyse data (new and historical) from a range of internal and external source to determine what, if any, relationships and dependencies exist between them and build these into reports/dashboards.
- Interpret and produce qualitative reports from various workforce information metrics
- Create and maintain business intelligence reports using organisation-wide data
- Management Information
- Check own work to ensure accuracy and work with the team to improve data quality.
- Write reports based on findings from analysis in ways that are easily understood to non-statistically trained staff or external stakeholders.
- Responsible for designing and implementing regular data audits to determine if the models results are in line with anticipated results. Where results are different, working to identify potential errors and anomalies.
The Successful Applicant
Experience and characteristics required for the successful Workforce Intelligence Analyst - NHS Temp
- Degree or equivalent experience in information/Computer science, or relevant discipline
- A certificate in using Microsoft Office applications or equivalent knowledge and experience gained through any combination of alternative study, employment, or voluntary work
- Knowledge of computer based report writing and data analysis of complex and / or sensitive data
- Evidence of further professional development in IT
- Extensive working experience of advanced Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel, Word and Access.
- Substantial experience of HR systems interrogation and the production of timely detailed and meaningful reports and statistics
- Experience of computer based report writing and data analysis of complex and / or sensitive data
- Experience of working in an NHS environment
- Proven experience of planning and organising complex activities e.g. workforce planning tool
- Good working knowledge of databases including database interrogation tools such as SQL, Business Objects, Oracle and Microsoft Access.
What's on Offer
Competitive package, great experience, experienced management team happy to support and help add value to the team and working culture