- Monday to Friday 08:00 - 17:00 Shifts
- Leading eCommerce firm - this is a brand new start-up site
About Our Client
Page Personnel Logistics has exclusively partnered with a leading eCommerce firm in their search for a Warehouse Shift Manager based at their new start-up site, operating across a weekday shift pattern.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse Shift Manager will report into the Site Manager, leading a team of 30-40+ warehouse operatives. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 30-40+ operatives
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI's, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement such as:
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse - 5S
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
Warehouse Shift Manager hours of works for this role will be (or similar):
Monday to Friday - 08:00 - 17:00
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Shift Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Ideally been involved in a new site start up
- Have managed 40+ people and 5+ team leaders previously in a Warehouse / Distribution environment.
- Have 3+ years people management experience.
- Have worked within an eCommerce / Fast paced / demanding environment previously.
- IOSH certified (desirable - at least an understanding or examples of being able to increase workplace efficiency and manage risk and resources)
- An understanding of 5S / Lean / Six Sigma would be advantageous but not essential.
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an ever-changing business unit.
- Have a proven track record in people management, people development and performance management with tangible examples.
- Be commutable to Leicester (Lutterworth, Coventry, Rugby, Leicester, Nuneaton all commutable)
The successful candidate may have worked within a Warehouse Senior Team Lead, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Operations Manager, Shift Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
- Salary - COMPETITIVE
- Company Holiday scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Plus additional company benefits