Warehouse Shift Manager
Leading UK 3PL Business
Monday to Friday Days Opportunity
About Our Client
Page Personnel Logistics has exclusively partnered with a leading Distribution Company in their search for a Warehouse Shift Manager based at one of their largest UK Depots. The site operates across a 24/7 shift pattern, based in Wakefield.
On a daily basis, the successful Warehouse Shift Manager will report to the Operations Manager / General Manager, leading a team of 30-40+ warehouse operatives. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 30-40+ operatives
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI's, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement such as:
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse - 5S
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
The Successful Applicant
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Be Degree educated (or similar) - Advantageous but not essential
- Have managed 30+ people and 2+ team leaders previously in a Warehouse / Distribution environment.
- Have 3+ years people management experience.
- Have worked within a 3PL / eCommerce / Retail / Fast paced / demanding environment previously.
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an ever-changing business unit.
- Have a proven track record in people management, people development and performance management with tangible examples.
- Be commutable to Wakefield
The successful candidate may have worked within a Warehouse Senior Team Lead, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Manager, Warehouse Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary - £32,000-£37,000
- Bonus up to 10%
- Company Holiday scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Plus additional company benefits