- A large blue-chip organisation, with large growth prospects
- Strong people management and engagement skills required...
About Our Client
The successful Warehouse Shift Manager (AM/PM Shifts) will be joining a very successful blue-chip business who have just undergone a merger with another large mutli-national business. As a result, my client's e-commerce function has now doubled in size and thus requires a strong leader to join their team! My client's full focus is on empowering a team to achieve full productivity and therefore you will need to fulfil these ethics to be successful.
As a Warehouse Shift Manager (AM/PM Shifts) you will manage a team of around 80+ colleagues on a daily basis, whilst reporting into the E-Commerce Warehouse Manager. Your team will look to you for engagement and support across an experience fast-paced e-commerce based operation in Derbyshire.
- Active day-to-day management of an E-Commerce based team which involves goods in, picking, replenishment and despatch.
- Leadership of both direct and indirect reports, which includes FLM's, Team Leaders and Warehouse Operatives.
- Workload planning, volume forecasting and peak planning is essentially controlled.
- Providing effective leadership within health & safety and promoting only the highest standards at all times.
- Ensuring that colleague's skills are actively enhanced at every opportunity, such as further training and development.
- Daily management such as RTW, holiday management, 1-2-1's, PDR's, appraisals.
- Management and accuracy checks of all stock management via a WMS system.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be reporting directly into the E-Commerce Warehouse Manager and will work between Sunday-Thursday across a 0600-1400 or 1400-2200 shift. The working environment will be unionised and you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong experience and examples of success within continuous improvement - including kaizen and 5S methods
- Experience of performance management across large numbers of employees.
- A positive mentality towards health and safety excellence.
- Proven examples of exceeding KPI targets and motivating a team.
- Passed experience of an automated warehouse environment - ideally WMS, WCS or Red Prairie
- Easily commutable within the wider Derbyshire area.
- Over 4+ years in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector.
What's on Offer
- 10% management bonus
- Private healthcare coverage
- 33 days per annual leave
- Private family healthcare