- Previous experience within Transport role - Highly desirable
- Previous people management experience is essential
About Our Client
Our client is a National security and multidrop organisation who are looking for a Transport Shift Manager to join their site in near Birmingham
As Transport Shift Manager based near Birmingham you will be responsible for circa 60 drivers reporting into you as well as expecting the following responsibilities:
- Conduct regular performance audits to ensure adherence by Staff to all relevant Company Systems and Procedures as detailed in the CVIT Rules and Regulations and Company Policy Manuals.
- Investigate any alleged breaches of Company Rules and Regulations, and take appropriate action.
- Costing reports on all routes, taking account of changes in hours or vehicle type.
- Regular site reviews to ensure consistent service to clients, and monitor changes in the customers requirements
- Ensure new customers are routed in the most cost effective way, whilst maintaining contractual requirements.
- Deputise for Branch Manager during holidays and absences from the Branch.
- Responsible for maintaining and complying with Company Health and Safety standards thereby minimising the risk to yourself and any other persons
- Logistics distribution and supply chain
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will live within a commutable distance to Birmingham and will have previous experience in transport and distribution environment. Additionally, candidates will be:
- Experienced in people management
- Process-driven and highly skilled in compliance
- Skilled man-manager and motivator
- Transport experience is desirable but not essential
What's on Offer
Basic salary £28000 - £32000
Transport Shift Manager
Rotational shift from:
Week 1 - 4.30am - 12.30
Week 2 - 8am - 4pm (flexible) plus weekend
Week 3 - 12 noon - 8pm