- 4 on 4 off Days shift pattern
- Defined opportunities for progression
About Our Client
My client is a national distribution business, with multiple distribution centres across the UK and Europe. My client has rapidly expanded throughout the South Yorkshire area over the last five years, enhancing the logistics offering and want to continue this growth by hiring a Transport Shift Manager.
As a Transport Shift Manager you will be the day-to-day operational transport expert, reporting into a strategic Transport Operations Manager on site in Barnsley. You will cover the following key responsibilities:
- Be the main point of contact for transport queries between the working hours.
- Active management of a Fleet of 30+ HGV vehicles.
- Reviewing and ensuring the maximum utilisation of your fleet of vehicles.
- Ensuring overall transport compliance in line with VOSA regulations.
- Management of a team of clerical, administrative and operational staff alongside over 40+ drivers on a daily basis.
- HR related queries - 1-to-1's, Payroll, Disciplinary matters, RTW's.
- A main point of contact for the customer service's team and the transport operation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Shift Manager will have a strong transport orientated background, whilst having a proven history of colleague and driver engagement at the highest levels. You will also require the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to operate on a 4 on 4 off Days shift pattern
- Experience managing upwards of 25+ drivers.
- History with servicing and maintenance schedules of HGV vehicles.
- Monitoring and active analysis of driver hours, WTR and Tacho regulations.
- A proven motivator, who is passionate about driving both customer and colleague engagement.
- Proven experience of operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Commutable to Barnsley, South Yorkshire. - ESSENTIAL
- 3+ years experience working within a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background - ESSENTIAL
- Transport Manager CPC Qualified. - DESIRABLE
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary of £34,000 - £38,000 DOE
- Additional Company Benefits
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Generous Pension Entitlement
- Opportunity to progress to Transport Operations Manager