Transport Planner - 3PL Business
Leading 3PL Provider
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
About Our Client
A leading 3PL distributor, based in Peterborough are actively strengthening their Transport division with the addition of an experienced Transport Planner. This business operates within a multi-user contracted client base across a broad product range.
The position offers a great package, a rewarding and enjoyable working environment and fantastic opportunities to progress within the company.
The role of the Transport Planner - 3PL Business will be to:
- Responsible for all operational UK Transport from site.
- Responsible for fleet a team of 20+ drivers.
- Maintenance and Management of the Transport Management System (TMS).
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner.
- To be fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Be commutable to Peterborough
Shift Pattern and Hours : Monday to Friday 6AM-4PM AND 2PM-10PM
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Transport Planner - 3PL Business, position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- 3+ Years Transport Planning experience
- Have managed in excess of 15 drivers previously
- Financial overview with a set target of earnings per route
- Groupage planning experience
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers hours and WTD's.
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal.
The successful candidate may have worked within a Transport Planner, Transport Supervisor, Transport Shift Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
Transport Planner - 3PL Business, position offers:
- Salary - £28,000 - £32,000
- Pension Contributions.
- Holiday Allowances.
- Plus additional company benefits.