- This is a newly created role within the central accounting function
- Project based role, driving continuous improvements across multiple elements
About Our Client
Our client is a leading UK wide business with offices in Bristol, they are now looking to recruit for a transformational Transactional Finance Manager to drive continuous process improvements. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best.
The most significant initial area of focus for the Transactional Finance Manager will be in Accounts Payable where the business is in the process of centralising the function and transferring between GL systems. You will help lead and change manage this process while ensuring the team structure and internal processes/controls are structured for the best results. At the same time, you will establish and execute training strategies, including "train the trainer", giving yourself the ability to ultimately step out of the re-designed processes and move onto the next project.
Although AP will be a primary initial focus the role remit is wider and will also encompass continuous improvements projects around AR/bank/T&E.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Drive continuous improvement across a number of areas via discrete projects
- Lead the creation of a best in class AP function
- Identify, design and deliver improvements in processes and reports across the wider central finance function.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in change management or similar position, leadership experience in shared services/accounts payable(essential)
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal. Identify risks and mitigation plans for resistance to change (essential)
- Excellent understanding of change management principles, techniques and tools (essential)
- Excellent listening, communication and people skills
- Good presentation skills
- The ability to take ownership of problems and independently find solutions (essential)
- Able to cope with pressure
- Understand waterfall and agile project methodologies or equivalent and the role of change management in each of the phases (essential)
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Power Point; experience in Sun/Maximo a plus
- An accountancy qualification is desireable but not essential
What's on Offer
A salary of up to £60,000 is on offer to the successful candidate for the Transactional Finance Manager role