- Immediate start date with an exciting, growing business
- Great company culture
About Our Client
The successful Temporary Payroll Officer - Immediate Start will be working with the following FMCG company:
Every day, our mission is to make sure that pets enjoy an active life, for their whole life. We are the experts in scientifically backed pet supplements with the UK's No.1 joint supplement brand, YuMOVE, now supporting well over 1 million dogs. We are ambitious in our mission and operate a fast-paced business. Our track record demonstrates just that with sales doubling over the last 2 years. We are on a journey to be the best known and most trusted dog mobility brand in the world and that takes focus, dedication and energy. We are based in Hitchin and it is a requirement to drive.
The successful Temporary Payroll Officer - Immediate Start will be responsible for:
- Responsible for assisting in the smooth running of the Payroll and Finance including checking leavers, new starters, pension payments, HMRC, and sick pay entitlement
- Inputting monthly salaries for all staff. Liaising with the relevant teams to ensure this process is completed within the timescales required each month
- Be responsible for checking time-sheets that have been approved on the system, checking hours, and general data input before the monthly deadline
- Input and record all payroll amendments including overtime, additional hours, deductions, and allowances ensuring they are correct and authorised by approved personnel
- Inputting of the payroll data which includes starters, leavers, change of contracts, overtime claims, expense claims, pension adjustments, and employee deductions
- Administration each month of the pension schemes used by the company (e.g., starters, leavers, etc.)
- Administration of holiday entitlement of staff and administration of monitoring sickness reports
- Giving assistance to the Finance Officers and Assistants to other colleagues as required
- Providing assistance to members of staff who have queries with their salary/payslips
The Successful Applicant
The successful Temporary Payroll Officer - Immediate Start will have:
- Detailed knowledge of PAYE, pension and payroll regulations and practices.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and fulfil support requirements in a large team.
- Ability to make decisions and drive through solutions.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and interact well with team members.
- Experience of managing a large team or multiple teams.
- Organisational and time management skills in managing multiple, diverse and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced level capability in Excel.
- Understanding of common payroll-related issues.
- Experience in payroll compliance practices.
What's on Offer
The successful Temporary Payroll Officer - Immediate Start will be offered:
- Hitchin Office
- On site parking
- Supportive team
- Friendly environment
- Growing FMCG business