Technical Report Writer
Exciting Opportunity to join a unique company as a Technical Report Writer
Full time permanent role, Edinburgh. Urgent start and own transport essential.
About Our Client
R&D Tax Consultants
The Technical Writers and Analysts are often in direct contact with Managing Directors or Senior Engineers of interesting and innovative companies. They will utilise their excellent interpersonal skills to understand both the client and their business.
· Experience writing scientific, engineering or technical pieces. This could be anything from writing in a technical journal, a literature review/dissertation, employment or other.
· A combination of writing experience in any capacity accompanied with a technical, engineering or scientific background would also be accepted. For example, an individual that has excellent written English and has worked in a STEM field would be applicable.
· Writing technical reports that are readable by non-experts but still contain the vast quantities of technical information required to explain a given client-project
· Experience writing lengthy
· Liaise with clients, gathering complex technical information
· Confidently leading telephone conversations
· Quickly understand a broad range of industries
· Research technical topics on a daily basis and gain a thorough understanding
· Innately understand the R&D Tax Credit qualification process
· Manage clients from on-boarding to submission
The Successful Applicant
· Excellent written and verbal English
· Ability to comprehend complex topics
· Ability to work independently; managing clients, personal workload and extra taskings
· Ability to work cohesively in a fun and tight-knit team
· Proactive mindset
· Critical attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities
· Ability to learn new topics on a daily basis
The current position available also involves management of a number of technical systems. These are broad and most only require a technical mindset to use. The right candidate will be able to quickly understand software systems in order to meet the constantly evolving requirements of the company. The following are not required but suitability for using systems will be assessed:
Additional Competencies (not essential)
· Significant engineering or scientific writing background
· Experience automating using (or similar): Ultradox, Zapier, Google forms, Google sheets, Word and Excel "Developer" capabilities, Excel macros and complex tasks, Office 365 Suite, OneDrive, SharePoint
· An ability to quickly learn similar systems will be preferable for the successful candidate
· Bachelor's degree minimum.
· Preferably in a technical topic such as STEM. Not essential depending on other experience.
What's on Offer
Unique dynamic company
permanent, full time role