Excellent Opportunity with a Leading Social Housing Association
Permanant Opportunity in Bracknell
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent award winning housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
Silva Homes have around 220 employees providing services to 7,500 homes.
- Working with the voids manager to ensure effective management of all void properties
- Assist in inspection of properties when notification of termination of tenancy is received and organise a programmed schedule of works so that the property meets the published letting standard and is available for letting at the earliest opportunity
- Assist with the project management of void properties, including dealing with all contract administration, cost control and building construction processes.
- Assist in the supervision of the progression of all voids works and resolve any issues arising to ensure the achievement of target timescales, cost and quality are met.
- Working with the voids manager and contract compliance manager, ensure that all statutory requirements, contract regulations, financial regulations and other relevant requirements are adhered to in the management and maintenance of void properties including R&D and asbestos surveys, energy performance certificates, NICEIC electrical inspections and CP12 gas checks so that the Association can clearly demonstrate compliance with all relevant regulations and to meet our legal obligations applicable to the repairs service.
- Input data for all work and costs delivered for monitoring and control purposes against budget.
- You will have an understanding of basic building regulations and Health and Safety compliance.
- You will be comfortable working within an office environment, using various computer software and devices, as well as being highly skilled in carpentry and UPVC products.
- Your time will be split between office duties and on the tools.
- You will assist the Voids Manager in ensuring all properties have electricity and gas (where applicable) on at properties, to ensure all void works are able to be carried out. This will include liaising with external companies and suppliers and the management of petty cash.
- In addition to void properties, you will work with the voids manager to oversee mutual exchanges, management transfers and tenant incentive scheme moves in partnership with the colleagues in the voids and jetting teams.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experiences
- Working in a similar social environment or in a client/contractor function
- Experience of working in or co-ordinating/planning a repairs and maintenance service for residential properties.
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage in house and contractor resources.
- Project management experience in building related industry.
- Good communicator to a wide range of audiences.
- Positive commitment to the goals and aims of the organisation.
- Confident to make decisions when required.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Clean driving license
- 5 GCSE's including English & Maths
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation for the construction industry
What's on Offer
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards
Looking after you
- A generous leave entitlement
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option