Bedford based consultancy Group recruiting Systems Accountant role
Great Systems focused role working on the Groups Agresso system
About Our Client
Leading Consultancy Group based in Bedford that work closely with leading national public sector organisations to add value to the community. This is a proactive role focused on the groups financial systems improvement and maintenance
Group Systems Accountant main duties and responsibilities;
- Manage and maintain the Group's finance systems
- To be the lead contact within the Finance team for system issues and liaise with the IT team and external suppliers as applicable to resolve.
- To act as system administrator for all Group finance systems, ensuring that system permissions are in line with delegated authorities and approvals.
- Lead on the Implementation of the Group's Finance systems development plan.
- To work with colleagues and stakeholders to review and design Finance systems to develop a plan for development work ensuring that work proposed is in line with the Groups strategic objectives.
- To develop business case proposals and project plans for system upgrades and implementations.
- Lead on the design and implementation of internal system controls
- To optimise business controls and risk mitigation, through development and enhancement to operational and financial controls within the business, ensuring consistency of application across the Group.
- To prepare management and Board level reports.
- To participate in the development and implementation of financial strategy.
The Successful Applicant
Systems Accountant requirements in experience, skills and knowledge;
- Strong awareness of current developments of information systems, especially those impacting financial information systems and processes.
- Proven experience of delivery of successful IT systems development and technology projects, budget management including development of business cases and inspirational leadership.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems and control procedures.
- Knowledge of online payments systems
- Knowledge of software development cycle
- Knowledge of user acceptance testing
- Knowledge of Integration's - APIs and SRIs
- Experience of maintaining and managing Finance systems, including General ledger systems and control procedures.
- Experience of managing 3rd party supplier relationships
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Excellent knowledge of Access and/or SQL databases.
- Finance systems Agresso and EBS Tribal
- System development with Agresso
- Experience of running technical workshops.
- Familiarity with technical aspects of GDPR processes
What's on Offer
Great long term stable permanent role, autonomy to run the financial systems of the group and suggest improvements