Supported Housing Officer
An exciting opportunity with a Leading Social Housing Association
Immediate on-going temporary contract - Apply Now!
About Our Client
A leading Housing Association in Berkshire looking to welcome a Housing Officer with experience in Supported Tenancy.
The key responsibilities:
- Tenancy Management - to include proactive and reactive visits to ensure that tenancies are maintained
- Rental income - provide support and advice to customer and refer to the relevant services as needed; liaise with the income team and money advisors to ensure all necessary documentation is received on time; assist with home visits; to assist with agreeing suitable rent arrear arrangements.
- Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) - to manage low level ASB cases within the scheme, escalating any complex cases to the Team Manager to investigate; to collect evidence and ensure files are maintained and accurate at all times; to provide advice and support to residents and use creative solutions including mediation and input from other agencies
- Multi-Agency Working - to act as the central link between the customer and other departments within Silva Homes, ensuring a seamless service to our residents; develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and external partners/agencies; to attend external case meetings as required
- Health and Safety - ensure that all schemes are safe places to live, work and visit; completing and recording all required health, safety and fire checks and reporting any concerns immediately; carry out regular health and safety inspections to our Group Homes within the community and report concerns back to the relevant teams
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Experience of working with older and vulnerable people to include, but not limited to, services and facilities.
- Knowledge of community care issues.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of health and safety.
- Decision making skills.
- (Recognise when managers should be alerted to events or situations).
- Keep confidential, accurate and appropriate records.
- Clearly explain the use of technical equipment and the importance of procedures, e.g. food hygiene, health & safety
- Understanding of anti-discriminatory practices
- Knowledge of welfare benefits relevant to older people
- Housing experience and an understanding of tenancy issues
- Familiarity with the Borough
- Assessment, report and support planning skills
- Significant housing experience within a sheltered housing or extra care housing setting
- Experience of joint working with a range of external organisations
- Experience of Void & Lettings processes
- Experience of organising and facilitating social events and activities
*A full clean driving licence is essential*
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be welcomed into an established Housing Management Team, offered a competitive hourly rate, temporary - permanent contract and an immediate start.