- An exicitng import & export shipping opportunity based in the West Midlands
- A opportunity with a large retailer and distributor...
About Our Client
The successful candidate will be joining a global industrial organisation, shipping export goods across the globe. My client are a market leader in their chosen sector and have numerous key accounts across the aerospace and FMCG sectors. Their operation is located in the West Midlands, but supports fully hybrid working.
On a daily basis the Shipping & Customs Manager will report into the UK Head of Operations and cover the following areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for shipping to numerous key global accounts.
- Managing all shipping of export based products from the UK and Far East. This involves monitoring, negotiating and pricing with a variety of freight forwarders and freight partners.
- Responsible for all customs compliance - Certificates of Origin, Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists.
- Providing a high level of customer service and with your team - including customer updates and monitoring KPI's
- Managing key account management with high profile spend customers (in excess of £1million per annum)
The Successful Applicant
The successful Shipping & Customs Manager will been an experienced member of the shipping and distribution sector. They will either by working in-house for a distributor / manufacturer or be leading a team in the freight forwarding / shipping world. You will also have the following skills & attributes:
- 2+ year's experience within Import / Export / Shipping / Freight
- Experienced in import or export operations ideally to the Far East, Africa, USA
- Strong background in multi-modal forwarding (preference towards sea and air freight)
- Strong knowledge of customs compliance (Letter of Credit, HAWB, MAWB, Bills of Laden, Chamber of Commerce Documentation)
- Ideally degree educated (BA / BSc / BEng)
- Fully remote role, with a HQ based in the West Midlands.
- Desirable, but certainly not essential, experience of a second language (French, Spanish or German would be advantageous).
What's on Offer
- Car allowance of £6k-£8k
- 15% bonus scheme
- 25+8 days annual leave
- Comprehensive Company Benefits Scheme