- A market-leading FMCG retailer & worldwide distributor!
- Large opportunities for progress in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire!
About Our Client
My client are a world-leading FMCG retailer with over 5,800 outlets spread across every continent of the global! Over last 6 years we have undertaken an ambitious growth plans to gain an further 8% of market share out of a European Market worth in excess of £370 billion! We have recently increased our logistics and supply chain offerings across the United Kingdom expanding old depots and creating new state of the art facilities.
As a Senior Transport Supervisor you will report into either the Days or Nights Transport Manager (dependent on your preference of shift) in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. You will cover the following patterns:
- DAYS - 0600-0900 Start / 1500-1800 Finish
You will additionally be required to cover the following responsibilities across a fast-moving transport operation:
- Be the main point of contact for transport queries from own drivers & sub-contracted hauliers
- Active management of a Fleet of 80+ HGV vehicles.
- Reviewing and ensuring the maximum utilisation of your fleet of vehicles.
- Ensuring overall transport compliance in line with VOSA regulations.
- Management of a team of 4x Co-ordinators and over 80+ drivers on a daily basis.
- HR related queries - 1-to-1's, Payroll, Disciplinary matters, RTW's.
- A main point of contact for the customer service's team and the transport operation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Transport Supervisor will have an varied background in transport co-ordinating and daily supervision. You will be required to encompass the following attributes:
- 2+ years Transport OR Logistics experience
- An outgoing and charismatic people manager.
- CPC International is desirable but not essential.
- HGV Class 1 Licence is desirable but not essential.
- Commutable to Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire.
- Proven experience of operating in a fast-paced logistics environment.
What's on Offer
- Paid Overtime
- 33 days holiday
- Private family healthcare
- 6% pension contributions