- Sub-contracted transport provider
- Experience in pan-European and UK based road freight...
About Our Client
My client is a market leader within the industry and helps shore up companies supply chains through their solutions. They are based in the Derby area and additionally have offices based across the United Kingdom. They specialise in providing world-wide sub-contracted transport solutions.
As a Senior Road Freight Forwarder you will be required to conduct the following duties:
- Prepare quotes, taking bookings and dealing with general customer enquiries in a professional and timely manner, in line with our company SLA's
- Source, plan and monitor consignments, assessing any risk to targeted deadlines, and providing alternative transport solutions as a contingency option
- Liaise with sub-contract road haulage suppliers in order to negotiate best possible rates
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and packing specifications, and compliance with other countries regulations and fiscal regimes
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with current and new customers
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Senior Road Freight Forwarder will be reporting into the Road freight Manager and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Background of supervising or leading small teams.
- Strong experience with multi-modal transport such as vans, 7.5 tons, artic vehicles.
- Able to commute within the wider Derby.
- Experience managing high-value account and communicating with numerous stakeholders.
- An ability to think outside the box and overcome challenges,
What's on Offer
- 6% company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Opportunity to grow into Supervisory and Management schemes
- 12% company annual bonus