Senior Pension and Payroll Manager
This is a brand new opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a large and rapidly growing public sector organisation that operates across the East Midlands. Its head office is based in Nottingham, just outside of Nottingham city centre (commutable from Nottingham, Leicester and Derby).
As Senior Pension and Payroll Manager, you will be seen as the organisation's expert in pensions and payroll, you will be business partnering colleagues at senior levels, and will be reporting directly into the Finance Director.
Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Leading, developing and growing the team of 4, which currently consists of 3 Pension and Payroll Clerks, and 1 Pension and Payroll Manager.
- Overseeing the processing of the monthly payroll for c. 8,000 employees.
- Ensuring the organisation is compliant with the rules and regulations of HMRC, the Pensions Regulator and various pensions.
- Ensuring the organisation is compliant with legislation and statutory filing deadlines.
- Driving the strategic planning of the pension and payroll function.
- Reviewing and developing the pension and payroll processes.
- Acting as the lead person on all pension related matters.
- Being the organisation's lead expert on all pension and payroll matters.
- Producing various payroll reports for the wider business.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this role, you will:
- have a proven track record of working in a payroll and pension function
- have had previous experience of managing others
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity at a large public sector organisation. You will be provided with:
- A salary between £37,849 and £41,675
- Free on site parking
- A fantastic CPD package, which will encourage you to develop your skills further
- The Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- Flexible working hours