Senior Payroll Supervisor (REMOTE WORKING)
Excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation
Develop as a Payroll profressional while working from home!
About Our Client
My client based in Reading continues to go from strength to strength which is shown by their continued year on year growth. With this financial growth, the opportunity has arisen for my client to recruit for a Senior Payroll Supervisor (REMOTE WORKING). My client takes great pride in how they look after and support their staff, shown by how quickly they have implemented remote working.
- Responsible for the Payroll team to achieve the following;
- Collection & management of Payroll information from clients.
- Managing the payroll process for more than 200 clients & allocating work within the payroll team to manage this process.
- Preparing reports for office use and for clients
- To build a rapport and maintain regular contact with clients/potential clients by telephone, email, letter and in person.
- To use sound judgement as to when it is appropriate to check the content of emails/letters with the appropriate partner before dispatch.
- To take a lead role in the planning and monitoring of the workflow, and the effective financial management of payroll work within the office.
- To set time and fee budgets for all work within the payroll portfolio.
- To have input & ultimate responsibility for fee quotes and issuing of payroll bills.
- Relay figures for payment to clients.
- Run ad-hoc payroll reports for accounts staff.
- Ensure all client payroll queries are answered in an accurate and timely manner
- Administer new payroll & pension schemes for new clients.
- Prepare year-end returns and submit to HMRC.
- To manage and motivate the payroll team, overseeing their schedule of work and ensuring that the work produced, and advice given to clients, are to schedule and to the required standard
- Provide regular feedback to payroll staff on performance matters, take responsibility for their annual appraisal and the content and delivery of their training plan.
- To have input, as requested by the partners, to decisions on salary reviews.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have previous payroll experience ideally within a practice or payroll bureau environment. Experience of computerized payroll packages is essential. Someone who pays attention to detail and has a good sound knowledge of O365 programmes.
The Payroll Supervisor must have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan, anticipate bottlenecks in the workflow, cope with conflicting demands and priorities, and to know when to decline and delegate.
He/she also needs to have strong interpersonal skills and a professional manner and be able to build and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues. A genuine interest in managing and motivating other members of staff is also important.
What's on Offer
An outstanding benefits package is on offer with this client, please get in touch to find out exactly what they can offer you!!