Senior Payroll Manager (Client Payroll)
A strategic and commercially focussed role managing a large team
Looking for a Payroll & Benefits expert
About Our Client
A highly reputable business based in the Surrey area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
This role offers a very competitive basic salary + excellent benefits.
The Senior Payroll Manager (Client Payroll) role involves:
* Oversee day-to-day operations of the client payroll compliance function
* Manage the on-boarding of new clients and client payrolls
* Deal with high level payroll related queries, including the tax treatment of benefits, secondments, salary sacrifice arrangements, pensions and overseas employees
* Support the client partners to win new work
* Review and authorise payments from the client accounts
* Meet clients to review the service and implement any necessary changes to improve the service
* Support client partners and managers with client PAYE inspections
* Support the Departmental Partner and IT Director with, and lead the, triennial BACS inspection process
* Handle client billing on clients where acting as client manager
* Work closely with, and respond to, client partners to ensure that their client needs are being met
* Oversight of the annual P11D and PSA preparation process for the clients
* Recruitment of staff into the team
* Support Team Leaders with the allocation of work and the management of resources throughout the payroll cycle
* Performance manage the Team Leaders and support them in the management of their teams (appraisals, ad hoc reviews, formal performance processes, absence management)
* Identify and implement development for the team members
* In conjunction with the Team Leaders, upskilling the team to expand the service offered to clients
* Identify and implement changes to structure and internal processes to ensure resources are being used to maximum efficiency
* Work closely with the Departmental Partner to ensure that the team is operating in line with the departmental strategy
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Senior Payroll Manager (Client Payroll) role will;
- be a skillful and experienced people manager (ideally with teams of 5+ staff)
- be commercial astute and a strategic thinker
- have detailed knowledge of Payroll AND benefits - specifically the tax treatment of benefits
- ideally be CIPP qualified / studying (although not essential)
- Experience from a multi-client Payroll background (Payroll bureau, or Accountancy practice) is highly desirable.
What's on Offer
The Senior Payroll Manager (Client Payroll) role offers a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Please apply for further details.