Senior Forwarding Planner
International recogniosed marklet leader of multi-temp distribution
Autonomy and responsibility to manage your own department
About Our Client
Nagel Langdon's Ltd are the UK division of Nagel-Group, a leading specialist for multi-temperature logistics in Europe with more than 100 locations in 16 European countries. This role will work as part of the international team which provides all of the international Import and Export services to and from the UK.
In the role of senior forwarding planner you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading a small team team to ensure the continuous sourcing of third party sub-contractors in Europe (including Freight negotiations)
- Planning of vehicles taking load factors, customer opening hours, driving hours and all other legal requirements into consideration
- Overseeing the training of new staff members in order that they progress to the required level of expertise
- Supervision and control of all aspects of the daily operation of a busy forwarding department on a daily basis to ensure that collection and deliveries are carried out as per customers instructions
- Timely and effective communication between office, customers, sub-contactors and drivers
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be experienced working in a similar role within the freight forwarding or European haulage sector. Candidates will have developed an operational understanding of fleet & driver management, scheduling/planning, WTD and tachographs. Candidates would benefit from speaking a second European Language or from having an International CPC although neither is essential. What will set you apart will be your ability to form and manage internal and external relationships with high attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure. Candidates should be analytical, organised and have outstanding communication skills.
What's on Offer
You will receive a competitive salary along with excellent benefits and the chance to join a global logistics leader. As you progress in the role you will have the opportunity to develop to the role of Planning Manager.