- Fantastic benefits package
- 27.1% pension scheme contribution
About Our Client
The Government Property Agency (GPA) who delivers property and workplace solutions across the government facilities nationwide. GPA introduce a portfolio-led approach to managing central government property from new building projects, refurbishments to full life cycle maintenance.
The GPA need a senior fire engineer to join their Technical Assurance team. This Assurance focused role will ensure buildings at design phase, during construction and at handover comply with the correct technical design, as set out in GPA's Design Guide and legislative standards. This will require regular monitoring of the assigned design and construction partners, reporting at key project milestones throughout the entire RIBA project process.
You will be reporting into the Fire Safety Engineering Manager, an overview of key roles and responsibilities are:
- Providing Assurance to the Fire Manager on all fire-related safety compliance matters
- Providing technical support (advice, assurance and approval) to the integrated project delivery teams and contractors throughout all aspects of the project
- Provide Fire Safety Assurance through the RIBA stages on delivery of projects
The Successful Applicant
- Level 4 Fire Safety Certificate or equivalent
- Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers - MIFireE or FIFireE (or working towards)
- Demonstrable experience of managing fire safety within large complex organisations
- Ability to analyse Management Information to inform decision-making.
- Experience of dealing with contractors and client side relationships in a multi-client environment
- Degree in Fire Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience of Risk Management
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) or working towards
What's on Offer
- £42,600 annual salary
- The civil service pension scheme (27.1% contribution)
- flexible working arrangements (Hybrid working model)
- Civil Service-Learning resources. (tailored learning plan)
- Generous annual leave. In addition, employees are entitled to 8 days public holiday and an additional privilege day for the Queen's Birthday.
- Cycle to work scheme - loan to purchase cycling equipment with typical savings of up 40%
- Access to tax free childcare scheme and holiday play schemes.
- Free eye tests
- Employee discounts through EdenRed
- Employee Assistance Programme