Senior Finance Assistant
Opportunity to become a qualified accountant within an excellent organisation
Can work from either Cardiff or Wrexham
About Our Client
The Development Bank of Wales was set up in 2001 as "Finance Wales" to help Welsh businesses realise their potential for innovation, growth and economic impact. Over the last 16 years, it has invested £0.5 billion in Welsh businesses and attracted £0.6 billion more from private sector investors.
As the landscape for business finance in Wales evolved, an Access to Finance review was announced in 2013 by Welsh Government. It recommended the creation of a public development bank, a national financial institution which would have a greater scope for giving business in Wales the support they need. In 2016, the First Minister announced the creation of the Development Bank of Wales as a key government priority. In July 2017, it was announced that the new organisation would launch in October 2017.
Now open for business, the Development Bank of Wales are here to build on Finance Wales' success and enhance the Welsh economy by backing more businesses in Wales than ever before.
The Development Bank of Wales also manage and administer the Welsh Government's "Help to buy" scheme which has helped over 10,000 1st time buyers get onto the property ladder in Wales.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Liaising and discussing issues with Department Managers, Fund Managers and Executives to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data provided
- Supporting the Group Technical Accountant in respect of the Fair Value accounting under IFRS9 e.g. production of year end fair value reporting and disclosures on equity investments in association with investment managers
- Supporting the Group Technical Accountant with the production of year end schedules and disclosures for the loan book under IFRS 9
This role will also have a heavy focus supporting the FC on all aspects of Treasury management:
- Daily management of cash balances
- Postings for all Treasury operations for multiple entities
- Assist in cashflow forecasting
- Develop Treasury procedures
- Development of Treasury reporting
You would also be overseeing the technical accounting responsibilities including:
- Ensuring that the ledgers are maintained accurately and in accordance with procedures.
- Preparing the monthly management accounts in accordance with the timetable.
- Providing commentary and explanations to management where required on the performance reported.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Working towards the completion of a professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience of Treasury Management
- Experience of operating in a busy financial environment.
- Sound knowledge of Excel and accounting systems
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Experience of providing financial support.
The following would also be desirable:
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh
- Awareness of the Development Bank of Wales Group
- Experience working within Financial or Professional Services
- Self motivated and flexible approach to work.
This role can be based out of Cardiff or Wrexham
What's on Offer
Salary in the range of £28-30K + other great benefits including:
- Fully funded study support
- Competitive salary, 37 hours a week
- Discretionary company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension plan - employer's contribution rate of up to 10%
- 30 days paid annual holidays + statutory bank holidays
- BUPA health care scheme (contributory)
- Childcare vouchers