- Opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst
- Well known and established Financial Services business
About Our Client
International financial services business providing research and high quality information for Insurance clients. Based in London.
As part of the Financial Analytics team, the Senior Finance Analyst will help provide high quality and accurate financial information on insurance organisations.
You will analyse and interpret financial information across sectors and provide guidance to analysts on policies and procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participating in regular internal meetings with insurance credit analysts to understand their data needs
- Ensure highest levels of data quality for insurance institutions
- Identifying trends and checking data has been correctly processed by the analysts
- Documenting methodologies on how various fundamental data points are defined and can be identified in financial statements
- Extensive liaison with offshore teams, providing training and ongoing support on capturing essential data
- Monitoring developments in the Financial Services sector globally to provide advice on modifications to data templates needed to reflect evolving analytical or industry data needs
- Actively participating in external client meetings, providing presentations
- Prepare and provide regular reporting to stakeholders about the insurance sector
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of financial data analysis, ideally within insurance sectors
- Sound understanding the risks inherent in their operations
- Experience of working with financial data, preferably in an accountancy, actuarial, credit risk or auditing capacity
- Understanding of IFRS, GAAP & wider accounting fundamental processes
- Possibly studying towards / completing a CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CFA qualification
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Proven experience of interacting effectively with senior management
- Experience of working with offshore or outsourcing teams is desirable
- Highly organised and methodical approach to work
- Have a can-do attitude to problems
- Sound knowledge of a second language would be an advantage
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and full benefits package (pension, healthcare, gym).
25 days holiday rising to 30 days.
Excellent career and development path.