New opening within established purchasing team in manufacturing sector
Great opportunity for experienced buyer looking for new challenge
About Our Client
European market leading Manufacturing business based in Edinburgh
- Negotiate with suppliers of products / materials / services to achieve cost savings and/or mitigate price increases, combined with the requisite levels of quality and service.
- Analyse MRP reports, internal of-line reports, and other sources as necessary to identify purchasing requirements (including for non-MRP items where required); raise / expedite relevant purchase orders as appropriate.
- Control inventory levels of raw materials, and minimise wherever possible to maximize working capital and warehouse space without affecting production; ensure accurate stock positions are reflected in Vantage at all times.
- Reduce supplier quality issues in number and value, and ensure recovery of all rework costs while ensuring continuity of supply; ensuring that quality and audit actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor and improve suppliers' performance through regular discussion and review.
- Minimise number of stock lines via rationalisation suggestions.
- Obtain and maintain up to date records for suppliers' specifications, certificates of Test and Conformity, REACH certificates, FSC certificates, and any others that may be required.
- Develop awareness of new materials, suppliers, and processes; arrange supplier swatch books and sample materials as necessary; initiate and expedite internal material/process evaluations.
- Identify and minimise obsolete and slow moving raw material stocks through annual or ad hoc disposal routines and through discussion with other teams.
- Be aware of, and implement, FSC and Packaging Waste compliance needs, and assist in operational aspects and annual submission(s) as required.
- Assist with stocktaking and sample checking.
- Maintain updated supplier price lists and issue to relevant staff.
- Ensure colleagues are cross-trained where necessary to allow relevant skills to be shared.
- Be involved in standard cost amendments, both on an annual and an ad hoc basis.
- Maintain adherence to principles of 5S as they apply to the office environment.
- Undertake other tasks as defined by Department Manager, including deputising when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment ideal but not essential.
- MRP experience and knowledge
- Both a team player to achieve departmental goals and a natural ability to work alone to achieve personal targets.
- Highly analytical with the ability to confidently understand and use MRP systems.
- Naturally comfortable in a fast moving and dynamic production environment.
- Comfortable with all styles of communication and with dealing with all levels of internal and supplier contacts.
- Proven ability to work within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational ability. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of procurement including sourcing, commercial negotiation, supplier management and global sourcing.
- Demonstrable success in purchasing or procurement.
- Demonstrable success in inventory management.
- Experienced in working in a compliance environment.
What's on Offer
Full-time, permanent position within thriving procurement team based in Edinburgh