Sales Planning Analyst
A highly commercial and analytical role
Regular interaction with senior stakeholders
About Our Client
With over 90 years of precision and innovation, Daikin have built a worldwide reputation for quality and technology.
Daikin's mission is to provide high-quality products and total climate solutions to create comfortable and sustainable interior environments for all of the people and regions of the world.
Daikin boast a highly commercial environment and offer modern offices in Weybridge with great on-site facilities, free parking, and very easy access via public transport - including a free shuttle bus service from Weybridge train station.
The Sales Planning Analyst role involves;
- Through regular engagement with market, customers and sales teams, validate and collate information to assist with both Sales Management and Strategic Direction.
- Analyse market data and provide supporting information on UK sales strategy to support branches regarding Branch Strategy, Customer Mix Analysis, GM Analysis, Customer Discount and Rebate negotiation.
- Assist and inform branch employees to assist in achievement of self-sufficient analytical capabilities.
- Ensure internal processes and documentation are completed in line with company procedures incorporating analysis, supporting data and alignment with sales strategy as required
- Involvement in the sales budget and revised budget cycles including preparation of the pack file and data analysis.
- Responsible for operational Sales Forecast (fortnightly) . Prepare six monthly forecast based on data received from branches, orders, market and seasonality trends, in liaison with Supply Planning regarding latest availability and short-term trends.
- Prepare and validate Operational Sales Forecast (monthly/EMM) - based on consolidated information received
- Sales Updates - prepare updates of previous months' results per unit, product groups, by volume, value and gross margin; plus 4 month sales and orders forecast. Incorporating interpretation of branch forecasts, manufacturing plans, market share information and competitor analysis
- Prepare Master Plan quantities for long term production
- Ensure proper maintenance and accuracy of data within all reporting systems (SAP, BW, CRM and Dashboard),
- Upload pricing, rebates and discount levels onto SAP - ensuring all data is accurate, in line with policy and per approved Sales Plan;
- Prepare monthly Rebate Report and accrual figures for finance and corporate planning - per discount levels and agreements with customers. Ensure reported/accrued sales figures (SAP, Accounts) reflect correct customer terms;
- Calculation of commissions - quarterly and year-end. Liaise with other departments to ensure all commission is accurately calculated taking into account changes in customer accounts, discounts, credit control etc.
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis and project work as required
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Sales Planning Analyst role will;
- Be educated to degree level in Economics, Business Studies or similar.
- Relevant analytical experience in a business to business environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills - particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of SAP - especially BW would be desirable.
- Flexible and confident problem solver with a strong analytical approach and excellent attention to detail.
- Customer focused and commercially astute, with a positive "can do" attitude.
- Organised self-starter who is able to prioritise to meet tight deadlines.
- HVAC market and Product knowledge desirable.
What's on Offer
The Sales Planning Analyst role offers;
- Comprehensive benefits (including a performance bonus, & flexible benefits scheme; including Dental and Private medical insurance)
- 25 days Holiday (can flex down to 20 days or up to 30 days)
- Free on-site Parking
- Free shuttle bus from Weybridge train station