- Work for a world leading prestigious university
- Work in a busy and diverse role
About Our Client
A large prestigious University in central London
The key responsibilities of the research administrator will be:
* To support the Finance Officer in administering the following financial processing and procurement requirements
o Process intra-departmental journals (IDJs) in compliance with UCL financial regulations.
o Raise and monitor purchase order requisitions, ensuring they are matched with invoices, delivery notes and credit notes and processed correctly on MyFinance.
o Assist in monitoring the expenditure on all General Ledger accounts and alert account holders of potential over- or under-expenditure.
o Set up new suppliers in accordance with purchasing guidelines.
* Assist EEE principal investigators to complete and process expense claims, in compliance with UCL financial regulations and policies.
* Provide advice to research groups, students and visitors on expense claim process as required. 3 Research administration
* To be familiar with research management system, Worktribe, and be able to use it to generate pre-award costings for grant applications, ensuring all eligible direct and indirect costs are represented (implementing full economic costing methodologies where appropriate) and optimising overhead recovery for the Institute with due regard to terms and conditions set by funding bodies.
* To be familiar with the online application systems used by the main funding bodies (e.g. JeS, Flexi-Grant) and, along with the use of Worktribe, to assist PIs with the completion of these applications during periods of absence of the Research Finance Manager.
* Assist with the completion of paperwork for awarded projects.
* Advise, collate and regularly monitor the completion of timesheets for European Commission funded research grants as directed by the Research Finance Manager
* Support the Research Finance Manager in monitoring the Institute's annual Researchfish submission.
* .Regular monitoring of the appraisals and probationary review status of Research staff, Lecturers and Teaching Fellows; sending reminders to supervisors, collating paperwork, arranging signature by the HoD and recording outcomes in MyHR.
* Managing the department's DTP allocation; processing the payment of student fees and stipends via Form S and creating/maintaining JeS records for DTP-funded students.
* Provide monthly updates to the Infrastructure Manager on the status of new grants awarded where new research staff appointments have been costed in, in order to ensure adequate planning for space and facilities.
The Successful Applicant
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or have significant experience in Higher Education or similar environment Essential
Application Evidence of continued personal development Desirable Application/ Interview Knowledge of research funding processes and regulations within a Higher Education/research environment
Experience in financial administration Essential Application/ Interview Experience of relevant finance and research management systems (e.g. MyFinance, Axiom, Worktribe)
Experience of working in an academic environment and working closely with academic staff Essential Application/ Interview
Good understanding of grant application processes and the ability to support the delivery of successful grant applications
Knowledge of financial processes and regulations associated with general financial administration.
Experience of producing financial management reports
Experience of organising events and meetings including co-ordinating the production of papers, devising agendas and writing minutes
Skills and abilities Good oral & written communication skills
Proven ability to meet tight individual and group deadlines and to manage own workload through effective prioritising, time management and organisational skills with a flexible approach to work
Good IT skills (Microsoft office, spreadsheets, databases, email, internet, etc.)
High level of numeracy, with the ability to understand and interpret a variety of figures and statistics, and deliver accurately against operational deadlines.
Good record keeping skills
Good analytical skills including ability to analyse financial information and the ability to interpret and disseminate information appropriately to high standard of quality in terms of presentation and accuracy
What's on Offer