Regional Benefits, Money and Debt Advisor
Opportunity to work within a close-knit team
Get into a well-known nationwide company
About Our Client
This nationwide company, based in Cardiff, look to support a network of people with not just financial advice and services but also emotional and social guidance to those in need. They are a very customer focused company that pride themselves in they're work and always strive to make a difference.
The key duties are:
- Develop and maintain local contacts with agencies and charities associated with benefit issues. These will include Advice Agencies, MOD, DWP, NHS, Local Authorities, Service and ex-Service Charities.
- To provide a comprehensive community-based benefits or debt advice service to beneficiaries who are experiencing difficulties, advising on their legal position and all the suitable options available through a mixture of face-to-face, telephone and email interactions.
- Act for the client where necessary; drafting letters, undertaking complex benefit calculations, obtaining medical evidence and researching case law as appropriate.
- Maintain detailed case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation, using the IT software provided.
- Provide advice, guidance, assistance and support to internal stakeholders, beneficiaries other agencies, associated with issues connected with benefit advice.
- Act as a local ambassador for the Moneyforce Project, delivering briefings and demonstrations to increase usage of the website and understanding of the principles of financial capability.
- To keep up to date with trends and changes in social security and benefits/debt legislation and best practice, including, where appropriate, for devolved administrations.
- Liaise and work with local statutory bodies, national representatives and other organisations as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities / skills:
- Interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in teams and with others
- Keen to continue to learn and develop
- Ability to work out of hours (if necessary)
- Build and maintain strong relationships
- Good knowledge of the most up to date legislation's (Welfare benefits, debt issues etc.)
- Prioritising tasks
- Able to travel regularly fro meetings across the South Wales region
What's on Offer
What's on offer:
- Salary: £26,000
- 6 month Fixed Term Contract
- Opportunity to travel between sites
- Job satisfaction
- Local (Cardiff)
- Free on-site parking