- Rapidly growing business in North Hertfordshire (must be car driver)
- Excellent benefits and career progression opportunities available
About Our Client
Lintbells every day mission is to make sure that pets enjoy an active life, for life.
We are the experts in dog mobility with the UK's No.1 joint supplement YuMOVE treating over 1 million dogs a day.
We are notoriously ambitious and operate a fast-paced business. Our track record demonstrates that over the last 3 years to December 2019 sales have doubled and in 2020, despite COVID19, sales have continued to grow at over 40% p.a.
Lintbells are on a journey, to be the most trusted dog mobility brand in the world, that takes focus, dedication.
- We are bold and make brave decisions and we lead the pack
- We are the architects of our future, we're strategic, focused and optimistic.
- We deliver with pride and we all take full ownership in the part we play in the business.
- We keep moving and striving for improvement is in our DNA
- We invest time and trust in building long-term, meaningful relationships
- We understand first-hand the connection between an owner and pet, and it's our duty to make those moments happen for longer.
This R&D NPD Executive will work closely with the Product Development Manager on both existing and new product development, bringing near-to-market new products to rapid commercial launch, and will also conduct scientific research under the guidance of the R&D Lead to inform the earlier phases of product development.
- Performs literature reviews and writes scientific reports
- Sources and evaluates supplement ingredients to provide the optimal supply source
- Designs and co-ordinates research trials involving new and existing products
- Carries out data collection, data entry and basic data analysis
- With the support of the R&D lead and Product Development Manager, carries out critical scientific analysis of new ingredients and evaluates new processes and procedures
- Supports processes concerning manufacture of existing formulations- checking formulation certificates and raw material specifications
- Liaises with ingredient suppliers, manufacturers, and research partners; ensures timelines are adhered to
- Participates in internal processes between R&D, Operations, Innovation and Marketing Teams to ensure smooth launch to market of new products
- Communicates with marketing about new product timelines, explains the scientific aspects of new products and creates technical dossiers
- Provides support to marketing, customer services and veterinary technical teams regarding the technical aspects of existing products
- Provides the link between R&D and marketing regarding the creation of product labels and provides accurate detail for the content of these
The Successful Applicant
R&D NPD Executive experience, skills and characteristics;
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant science, e.g. veterinary bioscience, biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, biomedical science, food science, nutritional science or animal science
- Knowledge and experience of conducting scientific research, either as part of an MSc or a PhD or via previous employment
- Understanding and experience of working with science within a commercial environment is preferred but not essential
- Ability to plan projects independently and delivering to fixed timescales
- You have experience in producing high quality scientific writing, report generation and critical analysis
- You have strong attention to detail and have an analytical mindset
- You have outstanding planning and time management skills and able to prioritise workload
- You are a team player - we're a close-knit team!
What's on Offer
R&D NPD Executive benefits and package include;
- Performance related bonus up to 10%
- Perkbox membership
- Private Health care
- Great rural location inbetween hitchin and Stevenage area offices