- Are you a confident individual with excellent communication skills?
- Do you have over a year of experience in a finance role?
About Our Client
A property development and investment company based in the heart of Reading. They pride themselves on creating a culture where talent development is at the forefront.
**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND EXPERIENCE IN THESE AREAS IN ONLY DESIRABLE**
- Accurately log invoices to the correct company and supplier then distribute invoices within two days of receipt to the correct initiator.
- Every morning promptly action items returned to purchase ledger, minimising the delay in payment to the supplier
- Highlight urgent invoices correctly to ensure all business critical payments follow the correct internal procedures without causes any hold ups.
Supplier Relationships & Queries:
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers by communicating regularly, including distributing remittance advices immediately following payment processing.
- Reconcile supplier statements regularly and at as required by the Supervisor.
Internal Relationships & Queries:
- Respond promptly to internal queries and requests surrounding invoices and payments through regular personal and telephone contact to resolve invoice queries quickly and efficiently.
- Pro-actively chase approval of invoices in the workflow and escalated to the Supervisor any issues that are holding up payment of invoices.
- Arrange payment of approved invoices on a timely basis in accordance with the agreed supplier payment terms ensuring the payments are approved in compliance with internal authorisation procedures.
- File all payment run paperwork immediately following full sign off.
- Minimise number of same day payments through proactive workflow management and ensure any same day payments are closed off to ensure they not paid on a BACs run.
- Post bank receipts and payments daily using BIM, preparing full bank reconciliations in accordance with monthly deadlines.
- Query unknown items on a timely basis with the appropriate party (Financial Accountant, agent or supplier)
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent communicator
- Hard working
- Some finance experience
- Ability to work at pace
What's on Offer
- Flexible/Hybrid working after short initial training period
- Opportunity to learn new finance skills
- Exposure to a fast paced and enjoyable working environment