Purchase Ledger Assistant
Highly successful business
Diverse and interesting role
About Our Client
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
- Supplier Invoices - matching supplier invoices to authorised orders. Processing of supplier invoices and credit notes on the Navision software. Chasing up orders and invoices that require authorisation.
- Supplier statements- reconciling supplier statements to monthly ledger balances. Liaising with suppliers by telephone and writing in order to sort out any queries that might arise from the reconciliations.
- Payment runs - assisting in the preparation for periodic payment runs (4 per month).
- Scanning of Invoices and Credit Notes
- In addition to the above functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in Purchase Ledger is essential
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Practical knowledge of spreadsheets in Excel
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Polite and pleasant telephone manner
- Written communication skills
- Time management skills with ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to self-motivate
- Has good attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English Language, or equivalent
What's on Offer
£22,000 - £25,000
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage