Projects Officer (Drugs Misuse)
3 year contract for project officer within a public body
based in Edinburgh
About Our Client
- Coordinate the work and delivery of outcomes of the three-year project, within agreed timescales, using initiative to proactively develop them in an effective manner.
- Organise at least 15 meetings/training events per year, of varying sizes and complexity
- Budget responsibly to make sure that financial procedures and policies are adhered to, income and expenditure is in line with budget targets and that best value for money is achieved at all times.
- Provide a range of information and reports
- Represent at meetings with external agencies to ensure that the public body is seen as a key player.
- Work collaboratively and support the Projects and Initiatives Team Manager to take forward the aims of your team.
- Work with at least 10 key College Officers, project Clinical Leads and key internal colleagues.
- Internally and externally - through approved channels, promote the work within your remit to a high standard, so that colleagues, our membership, stakeholders etc. are aware of the work.
- Work closely with UK colleagues in respective roles to raise awareness of our activities and share learning from Scotland, and to take UK best practices and embed these in our work.
The Successful Applicant
* HND or equivalent experience
* Experience of working in an NHS environment, knowledge of professional organisations and their workings (desirable)
* Proven project management or equivalent experience (desirable)
* Experience of planning and organising events of varying sizes
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes
* Excellent standards of numeracy and literacy
* Excellent communication, influencing, collaboration and negotiating skills with personnel at all levels
* An understanding of budget setting and management
* Excellent understanding of general practice and primary care
* A good understanding of marketing and communication principles in order to promote projects to a wide range of audiences and to negotiate with external sponsors
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
* A self-starter, able to work flexibly and on own initiative
* Excellent time management and planning skills
* Ability to manage competing demands and conflicting deadlines, work methodically, achieve targets and respond to changing needs
* Excellent report writing skills; able to process and communicate complex information
* Able to handle complex and delicate situations, requiring tact, diplomacy and tenacity
* Able to make decisions and implement changes based on information and facts gathered
* A team player
What's on Offer