- Our NHS Client is seeking a Project Manager
- For an interim role, remote working mostly
About Our Client
The client is an NHS organisation and will allow candidates to work remotely. Therefore, candidates can be based outside of London.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Planning, organising and delivering on goals
· Direct the successful day-to-day management of project(s) to ensure they are delivered to agreed quality expectations, on time and within budget.
· Pro-actively manage and monitor associated work streams to ensure that all agreed milestones are delivered on time while ensuring that relevant stakeholders understand their part in achieving progress.
· Suggest and agree goals with the Assessment and Remediation Adviser, in liaison with the Lead Assessment and Remediation Adviser, engaging in continuous personal development.
· Organise and prioritise own work to ensure tasks are completed on time.
· Participate, and sometimes lead meetings or focus groups in order to progress activities related to projects.
· Select and apply appropriate project delivery methodologies (e.g. Agile, APM) and manage effective transition between project phases
· Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
· Produce and/or contribute to a variety of high quality reports, project briefings and updates to a range of audiences that will be required for the successful management of projects.
· Identify and facilitate the resolution of blockages through effective organisation, problem-solving and communication skills.
· Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project lifecycle.
· Provide visibility of plans, timelines and milestones using appropriate tools such as Gantt charts as well as software (e.g. MS Project or JIRA).
· Adapt the Project/Project delivery model according to the changing needs of the project or organisation.
Policy and Service Development
· Actively support the management and development of new products
· Capture and monitor risks relevant to projects and wider services, putting in place actions to mitigate the risks and escalating issues as necessary.
· Actively support and co-ordinate tendering exercises to procure suppliers of outsourced services.
· Ensure version control is maintained for all project documentation (e.g. business cases, specifications and project plans etc.)
· Contribute towards the process of knowledge sharing and learning
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Must have recent project management experience, managing projects from beginning to end.
- Must have experience making improvements and persuading and influencing stakeholders
- Must be available to start on the 16th August
- Have excellent IT skills and communication skills
- Be a confident project lead
What's on Offer
The role is a Band 6 and will pay between £180 + £220 per day. The role is a good opportunity to work in an exciting team and to lead an development project. The successful candidate will be given help and support along the way and will be in term for 12 months.