Premises Assistant and Driver
School based in Lewisham - D1 full clean driving licence required
Shift work Monday - Friday with occasional weekends
About Our Client
My client, within the Education and Training sector, is a great School based in Lewisham.
The main duties of the Premises Assistant and Driver are:
- Operate the mini bus in a safe and efficient way according to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Pick up and collect students as per a set schedule.
- Ensure students are aware of rules and responsibilities as passengers.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance duties such as charging the diesel.
- Clean the bus as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure the bus is safely and securely stored
- Advise the Premises Manager of any requirement for maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure that First Aid equipment is up to date on the vehicle.
- Assisting in the supervision of the school cleaning staff, instructing cleaners in the safe operation of equipment/machinery/chemicals, ensuring cleaners are aware of and adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Personally undertaking agreed cleaning tasks.
- Personally undertaking basic minor repairs and maintenance tasks which are within the post holder's competence.
- Ensuring maintenance of the heating systems, ensuring adequate temperatures are maintained and that frost protection is provided as required. Checking that the premises are at the correct temperature at designated times
- Acting as a key-holder, routine and non-routine opening and closing
- Assisting in the agreed procedures relating to lettings/functions on school premises.
- Assisting in ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations in respect of matters affecting cleanliness, security and maintenance of all school buildings and grounds.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
- To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the by the school's safeguarding policy.
The Successful Applicant
As the Premises Assistant and Driver you will have:
- A clean D1 drivers licence;
- Knowledge of the highway and school bus regulations;
- Competent DIY skills;
- Experience of working in a premises or facilities role;
- Working knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation;
- Basic computer skills;
- The ability to work weekends, early mornings and late evenings as required.
What's on Offer
£24,054 - £24,927 per annum + Benefits