Payroll Team Leader (with Resourcelink)
Well know union body is recruiting a payroll manager
This is a temporary to permanent role
About Our Client
My client is one of the UK's largest trade unions based in Central London
- Responsible for the delivery of an expert, effective and accurate staff payroll and expenses processing and payment service.
- Leading small team of staff engaged in data preparation and the processing of payments of salaries and expenses; prioritising the work of the team to ensure defined standards, timetables and set deadlines are met; managing and delivering training and development needs.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the union's policies and procedures as well as external regulatory requirements are followed and complied with at all times.
- Handling payments under agreed arrangements and timescales and technical aspects of the job such as National Insurance, PAYE, UNISON's Conditions of Service and P11D returns
- Responsible for direct liaison with statutory pay bodies (eg HMRC) to maintain the accuracy and integrity payrolls, and the provision of timely and accurate information and returns.
- Responsible for the monthly end-to-end processing of payroll including reconciliations and journaling to the general ledger and the provision of accurate and timely management information to audit standard.
- Liaise directly with HR, staff and internal stakeholders on a range of payroll issues and provide expert advice on payroll changes and resolving queries arising
- Responsible for ensuring that the payroll software is up to date and calculating payroll accurately and appropriately; actively support all projects relating to payroll processes ensuring that systems and process documentation is maintained to a high standard to reflect current practice.
- Maintain and enhance internal controls of systems and processes to ensure the integrity of the payroll and expenses systems and records. This includes the security and confidentiality of records or information being held or processed.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for the payroll team leader role you must have experience using Resourcelink.
Candidates that have not used this system previously will not be considered for the role.
What's on Offer
Temporary role with immediate start with a strong possibility of the role going permanent.