Impressive national organisation recruiting for their growing Payroll team
Offering a competitive salary and generous benefits package
About Our Client
Our client is an impressive national organisation that has offices based in Leighton Buzzard as well as other locations across the UK. They have a strong payroll team in Leighton Buzzard and are looking to hire a team leader to help manage and lead that team.
The Payroll Supervisor will have responsibilities that include:
- Ensuring the Company's monthly payrolls are managed and processed accurately & on time.
- Taking supervisory responsibility for the growing team.
- To check the accuracy of payroll data input within the department
- To ensure that deadlines are met for weekly and monthly payrolls
- The maintenance of accurate records of all aspects of payroll activity and audit compliance
- To ensure that Tax, NI and other deductions are made correctly and paid to the relevant authorities
- To oversee the ongoing auto enrolment process and ensure pension contributions are correct for our existing defined benefit schemes
- To provide finance managers with data relating to payroll costs
- To ensure that all queries from external bodies are dealt with
- To ensure that all statutory requirements are met, for example in relation to Maternity pay, Paternity pay, etc
- To assist in the maintenance and development of the payroll system to meet changing legislation and new working practices
- To work with Payroll Manager to provide the full payroll service and to deputise as necessary
The Successful Applicant
The successful Payroll Supervisor will have experience in the following:
- Ideally the individual will have previous leadership experience within a Payroll function
- Previous experience working in a busy payroll environment processing high volume payroll
- Knowledge of current legislation around NI rates, Statutory payments etc
- Experience of a Computerised Payroll system
- Attention to detail, be meticulous and accurate
- Excellent numerical, written and communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word & Excel
- High integrity and respecting data confidentiality
What's on Offer
The candidate can expect to earn a salary in the range of £25,000 to £30,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.