Varied and intresting role
Excellent culture and working enviornment
About Our Client
Our client an International Technology business is currently recruiting for a Payroll Specialist to join the team in Send, Woking, Surrey. Due to location its better if you're a driver
As a Payroll Specialist based in the Send, Woking, Surrey office you will be responsible for:
- To prepare the monthly payroll for submission to ADP (IHCM) including the calculation of Overtime, Production bonus and Sales Commission payments as well as any deductions for unpaid absences (provided by HR) etc.
- Maintenance of the ADP system, e.g. setting up new pay elements
- ADP report writing (training given)
- Responsibility for the time and attendance system (Zenith Sprint) used by staff, weekly preparing of timesheets for Line Managers to ensure all gaps in recorded time are accounted for correctly
- To reconcile all month end reports to the amount paid via BACS
- Preparation and posting of the payroll journal by department into the nominal ledger and reconciliation of the net pay control account
- Perform the payroll year end and P11d's for the employees (P60's produced by ADP) and check submission to HMRC
- To assist Senior Management with the preparation of information and financial reports for budget, salary review and bonus purposes as required
- Proactively keeping up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance
- To compile a monthly spreadsheet of all movements within Payroll and maintain clear and concise payroll procedures
- Liaise with our external Pensions Administrator (Aviva), regarding Auto Enrolment of employees, administer processes and reconcile payments, reporting new starters, non- eligibles etc.
- To assist all staff and management with any payroll, pension, holiday, tax queries etc.
- Ensure the Company GDPR policies are followed at all times to protect payroll operations, payroll records and maintain a high level of employee confidentiality
- Calculate Statutory Payments: SMP, SAP, SPP, SSP etc.
- To administer and maintain PMI (currently BUPA), Death in Service, Cycle to Work scheme and Childcare Voucher Schemes
- Annually go out to tender to ensure current benefit providers as above remain fit for purpose
- Administration of Company credit cards
- Staff and petty cash expenses
- Responsibility for maintaining the Petty Cash.
The Successful Applicant
- A strong level of payroll experience
- Strong knowledge of current payroll and pension legislation
- Good self-starter with excellent attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Be a confident communicator, able to create effective working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Good written and oral communication skills with experience of handling confidential information
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of a menu driven Accounts package ideally
What's on Offer
*Salary £30,000 - £34,000 maybe £35,000
*Bonus of 5% of basic salary guaranteed, payable monthly but percentage could be higher
*Daily office hours are 09.00-1715 Monday to Thursday, Friday 09.00-1700hrs, with one hour for lunch.
*Aviva Company private pension scheme, in line with Government Auto Enrolment legislation guidelines
*Non-contributory private medical insurance (BUPA) and life insurance (Death in Service, equivalent to 2 years' basic salary) - both after 6 months satisfactory service
*22 days holiday per annum, rising to 23 and then 24 after two full calendar years, plus Bank Holidays
*Free on-site parking