Must have previous staff management experience.
Large Payroll of 4,000 staff. Managing a team of 3 Payrollers
About Our Client
A highly reputable charity organisation based in the Wimbledon area (and relocating to East Croydon in June 2020) with very easy access via public transport, and parking available.
Note - the offices are currently based in Wimbledon, so the successful incumbent will need to be able to commute to this locaiton until the move to East Croydon in June 2020.
The Payroll Manager duties include;
- Manage end-to-end payroll process ensuring good level of customer service and that checks and controls are performed prior to payroll completion
- Report to the Financial Operations manager and working closely with the Directors of Finance and HR
- Oversee a payroll of 4,000 across 400 locations supporting the customer facing payroll team of 3, who are led by a supervisor
- Month-end payroll checking, processing, completion and related administration.
- Monthly pensions' administration including auto-enrolment, deductions and payment management, ensuring compliance and delivery to service levels
- Overpayment reporting and management of related outsourced debt collection.
- Reconciliation of payroll control accounts.
- Supply departmental payroll systems support
- Maintain the iTrent payroll system as required to produce timely, accurate, compliant payrolls and to manage monthly and annual payroll reporting requirements.
- If extended, responsible for managing and testing system upgrades, and updating the system for changes in legislation, contributing to the system design to support payroll processes, liaising with MHR and Phase3 (iTrent host and support) re system maintenance, fixes and enhancements, and undertaking both system and user acceptance testing.
- Maintain and enhance systems, controls and processes and document these in line with the policy and procedures for the company.
- If extended, timely completion of year-end payroll processes, reporting and related administration such as the production of P60's and P11D's.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC, pension and/or other party requirements by keeping up to date with current and new legislation, advising management on required system enhancements
- To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Payroll Manager role will:
- have worked as a Payroll Manager previously (previous staff management experience is essential)
- will have managed a large payroll previously (preferably in the thousands)
- will ideally be CIPP qualified (not essential)
- will ideally have iTrent experience (not essential)
This role will be based in Wimbledon until June 2020 when the offices will relocate to East Croydon.
What's on Offer
The Payroll Manager role can pay £45-50,000 + 25 days holiday, pension, 35 hour week.
Hours - 9am-5pm, with 1 hour lunch