Excellent Salary and Leading Benefits
Supervising Three Members of Staff
About Our Client
My client is a very well-established organisation, based in Poole, operating within the Not For Profit sector.
As a Payroll Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the provision of a full payroll service to the organisation including monthly, quarterly and annual payrolls, staff and pensioners in the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- Ensure that all transactions are authorised and processed correctly to agreed deadlines including the timely and accurate completion of statutory and pension auto-enrolment returns, payments and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for management of all payroll reconciliations to financial accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Manage information to external payroll providers in line with their timetable.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- A subject matter expert in all aspects of payroll and addressing escalated queries.
- Support and take part in the development of the Advanced Payroll system and applications.
- To ensure processes and controls are documented, reviewed regularly and adhered to in order to maintain the efficiency, effectiveness and relevance.
- Manage, motivate and develop the payroll team in line with departmental and organisational objectives
- Provide management and direction and training to payroll team to meet development needs.
- Develop team skills to maximise flexibility and cover for all payroll tasks, using visual management to help provide direction.
- Keep up to date with legislative changes that affect your area of expertise, providing guidance and support to customers and communicate as appropriate.
- To increase awareness of payroll and the payroll team to all areas of the business.
- Develop management information, SLAs and KPIs for the immediate team, showing performance of key processes and escalate any issues.
- Create and develop collaborative working relationships within the business and specifically with the HR team (Reward, Pension, People Admin)
- Provide continuous improvement expertise within the team, including running events and workshops that deliver tangible results
- Contribute to the management of relationships with key stakeholders, HMRC and Auditors.
- To become involved in other ad hoc tasks as required
The Successful Applicant
To be successful, you should have:
- Significant Payroll experience.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Managing and developing small teams.
- Essential - CIPP qualification or equivalent experience.
- Desirable - Educated to degree level of equivalent. Knowledge of Microsoft Advance Payroll system.
What's on Offer
If you are successful in your application for Payroll Manager, you should expect:
- Starting Salary between £36,000 - £42,300
- Excellent Benefits