Working for a SME, construction business based in North Bristol
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroller to join their relaxed team
About Our Client
I am pleased to be partnering with a SME, construction business who are looking to recruit a Payroller into their tight knit team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with end to end Payroll experience, CIS knowledge and enjoys leasing with other areas of the business.
You'll have the opportunity to work autonomously and impliment new ideas of you feel relevant.
Key responsibilities of the Payroller:
Responsible for ensuring all allocated payrolls are completed accurately and on time
Processing all incoming payroll impacting information and transactions e.g. new starters, leavers, absence, statutory leave and pay, tax codes & NI category changes
Processing and reconciling all fixed pay instructions e.g. basic salary changes, pay uplifts etc
Processing all weekly and / or monthly variable pay instructions from sites e.g. bonuses, shift allowances, overtime etc.
Producing and submitting all BACS any other external or 3rd party payment files.
Producing and submitting all HMRC RTI and auto enrolment pension files.
Producing and delivering high quality payroll output files to customers that comprise payslips, reports KPI's etc. relating to their respective payrolls.
Preparing journals for submission to finance along with any other information required to ensure accurate financial statements.
Dealing with correspondence to employees, sites and external parties e.g. overpayment recovery letters, Benefits Agency / Child support requests for information, financial references etc.
Ensuring all required controls are correctly operated and all required evidence is produced and retained, resulting in a robust and secure payroll process.
Proactively recommending improvements to existing processes based on the identification of recurring issues or possible future risks.
The Successful Applicant
- A sound knowledge of all the technical aspects of payroll including SSP, SMP, SPP, CIS, P45s etc
- Minimum of two years experience in the payroll function is required
- A good knowledge of purchase ledger and associated accounting processes.
- An ability to perform routine administrative duties for the joint managing directors will also be a key requirement for this post.
- Ability to answer queries internally and from external contacts so a good telephone manner and communication skills is a requisite.
- Problem solver
- Organised, trustworthy and reliable
- The ability to multitask
What's on Offer
What is on offer?
Competitive Salary including potential for bonuses paid twice yearly.
20 days holiday