Renowned Market Leader
Instrumental payroll manager position
About Our Client
Page Personnel Finance is delighted to be exclusively partnered with Headlam Group PLC Europe's largest distributor of floor coverings, providing the distribution channel between its suppliers and customers.
Headlam provides suppliers with an unparalleled route to market for their products, and its customers with the broadest product offering supported by excellent customer service and next day delivery.
Having experienced consecutive year on year growth, this is an excellent opportunity to join this renowned market leader.
- Responsibility for the company's payroll system and compliance with statutory legislation, Headlam terms and conditions of employment and policies in accordance with payroll deadlines.
- Liaise with Financial Controllers and Payroll system provider to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Manage accurate data input and checks, processing of payroll, issuing payslips, P45 and P60's.
- Establish, update and manage efficient working processes and effective controls within the payroll function, ensuring that processing errors are minimised and changes are reflected accurately and promptly.
- Maintain absence control records, SSP/OSP, SMP/OMP, overtime payments, shift payments and all other variable payments and payroll deductions.
- Manage pension reporting, liaising with external pension providers for DB, DC and NEST schemes.
The Successful Applicant
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of UK payroll-related legislation and statutory requirements, including PAYE and other deductions and HMRC rules.
- Previous experience as a payroll manager in a similar business with similar scale and number of sites with payroll input taking place at site level.
- Capability to identify problems and proactively apply best practice, customer focused solutions.
- Ability to develop relationships across functions and teams to encourage partnership working.
- Experience of working with an HR team with an integrated HR/Payroll system.
- Clear communication and confidence with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and high standards of service to others.
- Advanced numerical and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Excel
- Experience of process mapping and process improvement
- A professional payroll or Finance qualification.
- Experience of SDWorx HR Payroll system
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, private health care, pension plan, potential for study support