- Payroll Executive - Bury - Permanent role
- Global retailer - Rapidly expanding
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global business within the retail industry. Due to recent growth they are looking to expand their Payroll team. They are based in Bury.
Your duties will include, but not restricted to:
- Overseeing the completion of payrolls, that are part of a payroll service for 25,000 colleagues over 43 payrolls, including 5 Offshores payrolls
- Responding to and managing complex queries
- Supporting and training colleagues
- Processing of all elements of payroll and benefits
- Undertaking more complex payroll tasks as escalated
- Management of payroll payments to ensure the accurate and timely payment to employees
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Ensuring all queries are responded to in a timely and accurate manner.
- Distribution and management of general queries to the team
- Tracking and keeping up to date with legislative changes, system updates and process changes to cascade to payroll associates
- Liaise with other departments in the business to offer support and cascade accurate data/reporting as appropriate and have excellent business awareness
- Liaising with the Payroll System Manager to ensure system upgrades/fix outcomes are as expected/required
- Be subject matter expert for all payrolls and tasks
- Deputise within the team where appropriate
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role:
- Previous experience of working with complex, high volume payroll is essential.
- A strong understanding of tax and NI rules to calculate advances, arrears, and additional payment values.
- Strong excel skills.
- Desirable to have experience of working with CoreHR payroll software
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral to ensure excellent customer service
- Proven experience of customer service delivery.
- Experience of managing challenging deadlines as well as mentoring a large team of 18 colleagues.
- Quick learner who has an ability to maintain accuracy
- Some awareness of administration of HMRC remittances, Court Order and benefits such as pensions and health insurance
What's on Offer
- Up to £30K salary
- On-site parking
- Pension Scheme