- Brand new Payroll and Finance Assistant in Guildford
- Competitive salary and benefits
About Our Client
A brand new opportunity for an experienced Payroll and Finance Assistant to join a successful organisation based in Guildford.
- Extracting payroll simulation information from the HR system and checking for errors before extracting the final payroll data.
- Liaising with HR regarding new joiners, employees on maternity and paternity leave, career breaks and ensuring this is correctly reflected in the payroll.
- Providing payroll information to the outsourced payroll company for all employees (salaried and variable pay).
- Reviewing payroll files from the outsourced payroll company and ensuring these are accurate prior to management review and approval of the monthly payroll.
- Dealing with employee's payroll queries.
- Posting month end payroll journals and reconciling salary control accounts.
- Work with HR to ensure pension information is accurate and in line with employees' contracts.
- Providing variance analysis of actual payroll compared to budget.
- Travel and expense administration.
- Raising sales ledger invoices.
- Assisting with month end postings for 8 statutory entities within the group.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have experience working within payroll
- Experience within a finance function
- May be studying towards an accountancy qualification
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Good communication skills
What's on Offer
Payroll and Finance Assistant
Salary up to £35k
Hybrid working available (Please note that candidates should live within commutable distance to Guildford)
Excellent benefits package