A fast paced and high volume role!
A challenging & fun environment, with opportunities to progress & develop
About Our Client
A well established commercial business based in Chessington area. This is a varied role, that will be challenging at times, but also fun - as part of a close team environment - and rewarding, in terms of opportunities to develop and progress.
The Payroll Administrator role involves:
- Importing timesheets by using our import spreadsheet. These are completed by clients and emailed to us. Along with with importing we also input manual timesheets.
- Producing system invoices/credits via the invoicing procedures. Along with system invoicing we also do manual invoices/credits.
- Timesheet Prelist - this needs to be checked daily and all queries/issues dealt with accordingly.
- Matching and releasing timesheets for Payrolls
- Trial the payroll and checking for any anomalies
- Running a payroll - remembering to include all steps for reporting and processing
- Dealing with and processing HOH
- Processing Payroll adjustments
- Client Payroll queries
- explain payslips / remittances to workers / subcontractors
- payroll deductions / margin adjustments / check DWP deductions
- checking and inputting backdated VAT.
- Payroll reconciliation spreadsheet
- Answering incoming phone calls from clients and workers and returning these calls if necessary.
- Checking our bespoke software (Merit Software) for Pay information, updating details. Leaving details diary notes in records.
- Dealing with inbound emails from clients for invoicing requests. This information will need to be added to our client tracking spreadsheet and the team informed.
- Dealing with other emails from workers requesting P45/P60/SOE's
- Marking up all Hours on Hold for the payroll administrator to release by the agreed deadlines.
- Completing DWP paperwork and returning it to the client.
- Reloading and printing of P45's
- Daily/Hourly downloads of HMRC Gateway notifications.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Payroll Administrator role will:
- have previous Payroll experience (highly desirable, but not essential)
- will have knowledge of National Insurance and Tax codes
- be happy communicating via phone and email with a variety of customers and clients
- experience of dealing with difficult customers
- be hard working and prepared to learn
- Excel experience
What's on Offer
The Payroll Administrator role offers a competitive basic salary of £23-26,000 for the ideal candidate, plus CIPP study support if required, 25 days holiday, social events.