Payments Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Payments Regulatory Compliance role in a rapidly growing EU Payments Fin Tech
Perrmanent payments compliance role based in the City of London
About Our Client
The client is a Fin Tech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector. Headquartered in London and with offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America and Asia, they empower businesses that want to trade and transact internationally. They drive innovation through technology, providing businesses with the tools they need to manage their international trade and support their growth, including import lending, currency and risk products, and payment and collection facilities.
- Must have technical PAYMENTS regulation systems knowledge, such as PSD1/PSD2.
- Other regulatory experience such as MiFIDD II, is desirable.
- Need to have had experience working within a e-money/payments company.
- Ongoing regulatory research and helping to keep the companies Compliance policies and procedures up to date
- Keep up to date with the relevant FCA and EU changes
- Research new jurisdictions where they might explore the opportunity to acquire a new license or provide its services on a cross-border basis
- Helping to solve cases of the trading floor regarding derivative trades/MiFID clients
- Assist front office with day to day ad-hoc queries, provide general regulatory advice/updates to the sales team and the compliance team
- Support Senior Management (including the HOC) in the training and competence scheme
- Lead online Compliance Training management
- Occasionally present your findings/opinions to senior management
- Help keeping governance structure up to date with its standards
The Successful Applicant
- A Law degree is disirable. Otherwise a stong educational background would suffice.
- Must have working experience in the payments industry, ideally with an e-money institution
- Must have technical payment systems knowledge, such as PSD1/PSD2
- 2-3 years industry experience (in payments financial services)
- Strong knowledge of the financial regulations, particularly within the payments, e-money industry and ideally also with derivatives
- Must be able to communicate clearly and be comfortable presenting his/her own findings
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and work to urgent demands
- Ability to assess situations which require further clarification and to push back where disputes arise
- Must be an excellent team player
What's on Offer
£40,000 annual salary
Very competitive benefits package