Payment Support Advisor
One of the UK's top companies to work for
Unrivalled career progression and working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a top employer in Nottingham and indeed the UK. With state of the art offices, a leading salary and benefits backage, fantastic facilities on site and a great company culture, this is absolutely an employer of choice. They pride themselves on offering unrivalled career progression, offering opportunities to move round different roles in the company so you gain experiences in a variety of different positions.
- Working with customers, using appropriate questioning techniques to understand their situation so that the right outcome can be offered.
- Identifying where additional external support may be beneficial and signposting the customer to the appropriate organisations
- Agreeing and setting up appropriate, sustainable solutions for customers
- Being able to clearly explain the impact that arrears/missed payments have on credit files and future lending decisons
- Understanding regulators/industry requirements when dealing with customers and ensuring that you remain complaint to these.
- Developing a deep understanding of the Money Advice Trust models that are available to aid conversations in order to support our customers, and how to utilise these models effectively
- Using judgement when assessing the right outcome for the customer, knowing when and how to step away from process.
- Updating customer records to ensure there is a accurate reflection of what has been discussed and all agreed actions have been taken.
- Ensuring customers are clear on any actions they need to take to support them maintaining their account going forward.
- Achieving department key performance metrics and continually developing your own performance.
- Utilising appropriate escalation channels when issues are identified
- Being responsible and personally developing with the department, share and promote a culture of learning
- Encouraging a feedback culture, providing constructive feedback and receiving feedback well
- Approaching change positively, an advocate for the department
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- The desire to work with customers to get to the right outcome
- Effective problem solving skills so that the customers situation can be fully understood
- A strong focus on improving results
- The ability to learn and develop
- An enquiring, positive mindset
- The desire to be part of a team & ability to work with peers to achieve collective goals.
What's on Offer
£23,000 + company benefits
33 days paid holiday
Heavily subsidised restaurant
37.5 hours per week. Initially during your training period (8-12 weeks) you'll work 9-5.30. After this, you'll go on to a rotational shift pattern, 37.5 hours per week of doing week 1. 11-7.30, week 2. 9.30-6, and week 3. 12.30-9 - you'll work 1 weekend day, say Saturday 8-4.30 and also have a day off in the week, or Sunday 9.30-6 and also get a day off in the week