Painter & Decorator - Contract
2 month Contract within an exciting summer project
About Our Client
Leading nationwide student accommodation provider.
- Works as part of a team, supporting and respecting other team members, to deliver exceptional resident living
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- To respond to calls outside office hours which cannot be resolved without a presence on site referring to appropriate contractors as necessary
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Move furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Measuring surface areas to work out what materials are required to complete the job.
- Stripping off existing wallpaper or paint
- Preparing surfaces with primer or undercoat
- Applying layers of paint and / or hanging wallpaper
- Keeping the work area clean and tidy.
- Some jobs may require specialist finishes such as graining or marbling.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A reasonable level of general education educated to O' Level / GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Awareness of H&S requirements on site
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results
- A recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building is also highly desirable
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of undertaking Painting and decorating role within commercial and domestic buildings.
- Compliance with all operating systems, policies & procedures.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills
- Behave in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times
- Be a positive advocate for change, highlighting and implementing business improvement initiatives.
- Adopt a team work approach
- A flexible approach to work
- Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision
- Smart in appearance, complying with stated appearance code
- Ability to determine cost effective solutions to repairs
- Contractor & Supplier Supervision skills are desirable
What's on Offer
working on exciting summer contract.