Operations and Contract Manager
Leading 3PL Business - National FMCG Contract
Warehouse, Transport and Contract Management Responsibility
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a well known 3PL business in the search for a Operations and Contract Manager overseeing daily operations at their RDC in Bradford.
After experiencing huge growth throughout 2019 & 2020 this customer have been defined as market leading within its sector, expanding rapidly and seeking additional attention from a service perspective across their UK distribution activities.
The successful candidate for the Operations and Contract Manager role will:
- Report into the General Manager.
- Manage to day to day operation across a leading FMCG contract.
- To oversee c.25-40 colleagues/drivers across warehousing and transport.
- To be accountable to the customer on a daily basis ensuring key SLA's have been achieved.
- Monitor, manager and report safety Key Performance Indicators as required by the contract.
- Monitor the operations efficiency, people, systems, processes and H&S standards
- Report back to the customer on any stock queries within agreed time-lines
- Execute and deliver strategic cost-saving initiatives
- Deal with escalated operational issues by implementing high quality, mistake-proof improvements
- Make sure that SOP's in place provide robust systems and process
- Ensure contract is planned & controlled in a pro-active, constructive and progressive manner
- Take on other roles and tasks within the job remit as the Contract develops and make contributions as required to the site management team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Operations and Contract Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have 3+ years Warehouse and/or transport management experience.
- Have worked within a 3PL environment previously.
- Have worked across - E-Commerce, FMCG, Food previously - Advantageous.
- Have worked within a customer facing Logistics position previously - Advantageous.
- Have managed in excess of 25+ employees previously.
- Have a strong knowledge of H&S standards within Warehousing.
- Have experience working with multiple WMS systems.
- Commutable to Bradford.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £32,000 to £37,000
- Holiday package.
- Pension scheme.
- Company Bonus.
- Plus additional company benefits.