3 Months FTC with opportunity to become permanent
Analyst Position based in Birmingham City Centre
About Our Client
My client is an established financial services company based in Birmingham City Centre who are looking for an Operations Analyst.
- Gain an understanding of the Private Equity industry and Fund structure in order to be able to formulate questions to the Fund Managers regarding transactions and financial statements and be able to make independent judgements and formulate answers when not clearly provided
· Gain a clear understanding of the Private Equity terminology, performance metrics, types of fees and expenses
· Understand existing reporting and cash flow processes and procedures in order to be able to effectively use the existing quarterly report and cash flow data processing templates
· Be able to work with minimal supervision and perform and complete tasks independently and know when to escalate issues
· Be capable of independently conducting analyses of financial statements and capital account movements, extracting correct quantitative and qualitative information from financial reports
· Be trained on reading Limited Partnership, finding and summarizing information relevant to Portfolio Monitoring
· Liaise closely with other internal departments to ensure timely and accurate client reporting
· Ensure the quality and integrity of the data on the system is maintained
· Any other duties commensurate with the nature and position of the post
The Successful Applicant
· Experience in financial industry preferable
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, Mathematics or other quantitative fields
· Strong analytical skills and self-motivation
· Exceptional attention to detail and curiosity to investigate out-of-pattern items and to always ask "why"
· Experienced in working with multiple tight deadlines
· Must be analytical and able to work on own initiative
· Must have the ability to operate within a continuously evolving and competitive business environment
· Must have the ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet client deadlines
· Must be proactive in managing workloads and addressing potential issues
· Must be able to take ownership of delegated responsibilities
· Must be capable of communicating clearly and effectively both internally with other departments, and externally with clients, investors and fund managers, both orally and written
· Must be committed to high quality and service orientation
· Must have good organizational skills with the ability to multitask
What's on Offer
£20,000 - £30,000 dependant upon experience.
Full time hours.