Office Manager / PA
Challenging Office Manager position within Professional Services company
Event management and seminar co-ordination experience advantageous
About Our Client
Our client is a medium sized company with around 50 employees in this office. Initially you'll help with the office relocation, and take on the below duties once in place. This client organises some fairly high profile seminars and events, so experience in co-ordinating and managing events to a high standard would be a great attribute to come with.
- To co-ordinate key projects and administration initiatives
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to all divisions
- Manage workflow through admin department, supervising and monitoring the work of administrators and receptionist and ensuring SLA's are adhered to
- Supervise the work of office administrators and monitor their workload
- Maintain written procedures for all tasks carried out by the Administration Department
- Organise and oversee all aspects of any Seminar or Event in the future whilst communicating with all those involved
- Ensure all printing or ordering of anything by the company is signed off in writing by one of the Directors before submitting to the Accounts Controller.
- Organise recruitment of new administration employees and maintain personnel records.
- Ensure staff are motivated and receive the appropriate support for personal development.
- Authorise and maintain holiday and sickness records for Administration staff.
- Keeping all equipment well-maintained and identifying new resources.
- Ordering of office supplies and ensuring best value.
- To assist with handling health and safety issues.
- To ensure office contracts such as cleaning, fire alarms and intruder alarms are serviced and maintained to a high standard.
- To establish and maintain systems for monitoring of organisational performance
- To liaise with external IT support to ensure cost effective maintenance of IT systems, ensuring staff problems are rectified in a timely fashion.
- To proactively manage the client-focused development of IT systems.
- To maintain client database, ensuring established procedures for inputting and updating information are followed to ensure accurate records
- To set new employees on systems, devise and undertake induction programme on Admin support and IT systems
- To organise maintenance and repair work
- To support Health and Safety Operations Manager, maintaining and monitoring visits schedule for Health and Safety Team
- To attend Management Meetings and have input into discussions and decisions as appropriate. Take and produce minutes when required.
- To support the implementation and monitoring of corporate document styles
- To ensure supplies of Corporate literature are maintained and meet the Company standards.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ideally come from a similar background, perhaps managing a similar office in a small to medium sized enterprise and used to getting invoved in many different tasks. This is a very busy role where you'll thrive under pressure and enjoy 'spinning plates'
What's on Offer
Location near Lenton Lane once relocation has happened (imminent)
Temp to perm or straight permanent depending on the right candidates situation